And They Won

It all began with a gift, a little black book which was said have been used for many artist and writers along history. I didn't use to write back then, I used to play videogames and stream movies and series, my life was considered normal. I remember I was on my mid 20's, quite some time now, and I was ruthless and careless about life. Things were easy. Some election was coming close so I decided to start writing about the things which were hapenning in my life. I wrote daily things such as the elections, injustice, love and old traumas and mostly when I was drunk, I was very young to see life as it really is. That's the problem, isn't it? We never understand this until it's too late. The new-old black little note book was with me all the time, still is. But that's not what this is about, this is about what I found in the book. I never tought it could be possible but, when I was around 35 I thought mybook was stolen, not because I couldn't find it but because I found some things written on it that I didn't remember writing. It was my handwriting or at least looked like it. When I made this incredible discovery, I couldn't do anything else but reading it. I wasn't able to understand many of the things written on it but most of them proveed themselves right before my eyes.

The first thing I read was about computers and an artificial inteligence that replicated itself in order to make itself better. This process lead to another similar process but improved. The computer, right before the eyes of the programmers, created a life for itself. When I read this, I couldn't understand everything very well but I saw it on youtube news, not new videos, news news. I matched what was written on my book with the news and finally understood everything. That was the first time I realized what was going on. I don't know who or what wrote on my book but it was trying to tell me about the future to come.

After this, I saw every mayor event in our history in my book but I wasn't able to understand the meaning of the words until the event happened, as you can imagine, it began to be desesperate for me, I had the news from the future but I was unable to read them.

I started to look for clues to understand the meaning of those seemingly random words but then, things started to happen so fast you probably dont' remember if you are younger than fifty.

It said that the A.I. would be used to improve economy and end poverty and we lived that, it told us how we could travel faster through the universe and, in just a few years, we have colonized almost every planet we can put  a spaceship on. We have advanced so much for our civilization, there are no diseases and we live almost a hundred and fifty. When I was a child, I would have never imagined this to be true and it has been thanks to the A.I. which told us everything we needed.

I have said this before to other people but they didn't believe me; the last page on my book says "they win". I don't know what this means but if we look at the facts from today, we can see how much impact machines have in our lives, now a days, we couldn't live without them. I think it means "they" as the machines. But we'll never be sure of that until it happens and it's too late.

Can you see what's going on?

The machines have taken power, it seems like the opposite, that we never lost control of them but I think they have all this planned. I think they've already won and we don't even know.

I think my book is right.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

No se vive en el pasado.

De Rusia para el mundo... para bien y para mal.

Those big blue eyes...